BROTA open call is all year round looking for new projects and artists to work in Buenos Aires city
BROTA invites artists from all over the world to create in dialogue with the cosmopolitan and dynamic city of Buenos Aires in Argentina. BROTA residency dedicates particular attention to projects exploring the interplay of nature and urban environment, within the Anthropocene the current geological epoch of extensive human modification of ecological and geological processes. The word combines the root "anthropo", meaning "human" with the root "-cene", the standard suffix for "epoch" in geologic time.
"BROTA" means -sprout- which is one of our residency objectives: see emerge, develop and thrive artist’s work and projects that can be part of this unique and enriching experience. The selection of the artists will be based on the artistic quality of their work, their motivation and their potential to make the most of the opportunity offered by the residency. The open call is all year round and English, Spanish and French language is spoken.
Fees and support
- no application fee
- Residencies have a fee including accommodation
- place to work
- running costs of the house
- local support
- curating of the project
- communication and artwork presentation
- The residency fee does not cover transportation expenses
- A curriculum vitae
- Project proposal conceiving the work you will develop during the residency period and the intention that motivates you to apply.
- Portfolio of visual documentation of works. Up to ten (10) images and/or video indicating each description.
- Completed application form, download it below.
- A copy of your valid passport or identity card.
- Health insurance for the period of stay, should be sent once you are selected
Dardo Rocha 2960, C1425CTB